Ancient Jerusalem (Old City) During the
Second Temple Period (Two Full Days)
- WALKING THE TEMPLE MOUNT.** An on-location study discussing the theories of where the Jerusalem Temple once stood. We will study from readings in Josephus and Matthew chapter 24. Our study will include a discussion about the “sacred line” from Mount Nebo to the Kupat Ruchot (Dome of the Spirits) and the Eastern Gate. **This part of the program is dependent upon security at the time. It may not be possible to visit the site due to security issues.
- WOHL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM and the DESTRUCTION OF JERUSALEM IN 70 C.E., as recorded by the Jewish historian Josephus.
- ANCIENT JERUSALEM and its “MAIN STREET” ARCHAEOLOGICAL PARK. A study of ancient Jerusalem through the readings of the Jewish historian Josephus, the Book of Acts (written by Luke), Paul (Sha’ul) in Galatians, and Yeshua, in Matthew 24.
- WESTERN WALL TUNNELS AND THE KOTEL. A study of “underground Jerusalem” with readings from the Jewish historian Josephus.
- THE JEWISH QUARTER ISRAELITE TOWER and BROAD WALL OF KING HEZEKIAH’S DAY as recorded in Nehemiah 3:8.
- THE BURNT HOUSE of JERUSALEM’S PRIESTLY QUARTER. A study in Matthew 9;10 and readings from the Jewish historian Josephus.
- JERUSALEM’S THREE OLD CITY WALLS AND REMAINING GATES. Readings through the NT and the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus.
- HEROD’S PALACE, JUDGMENT SEAT, AND PRAETORIUM. A new on-location study of where Yeshua stood for trial in front of Pilate in the Praetorium as referenced in John 18:28 and Matthew 27:27.